Tuesday, February 21, 2017
70gm icing sugar
260gm all purpose flour
2 TB milk powder
1 whole egg, lightly beaten
(1) combine sugar, flour & milk powder into a big bowl then mix well.
(2) add in margarine and rub till well cooperated with flour mixture.
(3) now, stir in egg till soft dough is formed. Let to rest for 30 minutes.
(4) then divide dough into 40-45gm each and press to muffin cups then prick the base of the pastry with a fork . Keep chilled for 30 minutes to set.
Ingredients for pandan coconut fillings :
500gm grated young coconut flesh
2 tspn salt
50gm butter at room temperature
3 small eggs
1-1/2 tspn pandan extract / paste
2 TB corn flour
1 tspn concentrated pandan juice
(1) cream butter, salt, sugar and eggs till well combined
(2) then stir in grated coconut and corn flour and mix well.
(1) fill cold pastry with pandan coconut mixture.
(2) then bake at preheated oven 185'C for about 20-25 minutes till brown, on middle rack.
(3) remove the cups once its cooled completely.
Thursday, February 16, 2017
160gm all purpose flour
10gm ground almond
40gm icing sugar
1/8 tspn salt
90gm cold butter, chopped
2 egg yolk
(1) combine flour, almond mealed, sugar, salt into a big bowl then stir well.
(2) add in butter and rub till fine crumb is formed.
(3) finally, stir in egg yolk and mix till soft dough is formed.
(4) take a small amount of dough and press it to a muffin cups then prick the base of the pastry with a folk.
(5) now, keep chilled for 30 minutes and then bake at preheated oven at 170-175'C for about 10 minutes.
220gm cream cheese
1 TB parmesan cheese powder
40gm icing sugar
70ml heavy cream
20gm evaporated milk ( I omitted )
2 TB corn flour
2 TB lemon juice
a pinchh of salt
(1) melt ingredients (A) with a double boiler till mixture became creamy.
(2) then add in ingredients (B) and continued stirring till well cooperated.
(3) leave to cool then transfer to a pipping bag and keep chilled for 30 minutes.
TO ASSEMBLE :
(1) when ready, fill each pastry crust with cream cheese filling then brush on egg glazing, make sure the egg glazing is well spread.
(2) finally, bake at preheated oven 220'C for 10 minutes (on top rack) or till the top crust turns brown.
Friday, February 10, 2017
Ingredients green curry paste :
5-6 cilantro plant including roots & leaves
2 inches fresh galangal root / blue ginger, sliced
6 garlic cloves, skinned
6 shallots, sliced
4 stalks lemongrass (take only the white bottom part)
15 green bird eye chilies
a small piece of shrimp paste (belacan)
1 TB coriander powder, slightly toasted
1/2 TB cumin powder, slightly toasted
1 kaffir lime zest
Method : Blend everything into fine paste then set aside
For mild flavour curry, replaced bird eye chilies with green chilies and seeded.
3 whole chicken leg
3 stalk lemongrass, take only the white bottom part & smashed
250ml thick coconut milk
2 lime juice
2 TB brown sugar
1 TB fish sauce
salt to taste
3-4 kaffir leaves, thinly sliced
a handful of basil leaves
(1) marinade chicken with half portion of blended paste overnight or at least 2 hours
(2) put together coconut milk, lime juice, sugar, salt, fish sauce & the remaining green curry paste to blend till cooperated.
(4) then bake at preheated oven 200'C for about 30 minutes, remove the foil and reduce heat to 180'C, continue baking for another 45 minutes or till the meat became tender.
I am truly surprised that my family loving it especially my boy. Hubby took the last piece of the meat and polish off the gravy as well. Its not easy to satisfy this picky kampung guy and I am grateful that he at least enjoying it very much. Thank goodness ! Hope you guys will love it too. Enjoy & have a great week ahead everyone. And at the same time, wishing all my readers a very Happy Chop Goh Mei.