Apple Coffee Cake With Peppermint Frosting

Gee...haven't had any cakes for days! My kids and I are craving for it......So, I need something nice and quick at the moment. And of coz, hassle free! Then, I've decided to make a coffee cake. Probably, it's a little dull if juz the cake itself. So, I spiced it up a little bit with apples and peppermint frosting. I think that will be juz great for the day! he he...


Ingredients :

185gm butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 pkt 3 in 1 white coffee mixed (1 tspn cappuccino powder+1/2 tspn milk powder)
3 eggs
1/3 cup milk
1-1/2 cup flour
1-1/2 tspn baking powder
1tspn coffee extract
2 apple, sliced

Method :

- whisk butter, coffee mixed and sugar untill fluffy.
- beat in eggs untill well mix.
- stir in flour & baking powder and alternately with milk.
- add in coffee extract.
- pour batter to a 7" baking tray with parchment paper.
- place the sliced apple on top.
- bake for 1 hour at 180'c.
- leave cool before lifting.

Peppermint Topping :
2 cups icing sugar
2 tbsp whip cream
1 tbsp milk
1 tspn peppermint extract

- combine all ingredients together and mix untill smooth.
- spread the frosting over the cake and serve.

Yum, finally, I can satisfy my hungry soul with juz a slice of this yummylicious thing ! Ah....what a satisfaction! Now, I need a cup of tea......and another slice.....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...