2 cup all purpose flour
1-3/4 cup bread flour
3 tspn instant yeast
2 TB brown sugar
2 TB jaggery sugar
1 tspn cinnamon powder
1/2 tspn all spices
1 tspn salt
1/2 cup corn oil
3/4 cup milk (or milk plus water)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup preserved kamquet
1/3 cup candied shredded nutmeg
topping : 2 TB flour + 2 TB water
(mix well to form paste then place into pipping bag)
2 TB honey for glazing (or you may use egg glazing)
(1) combine ingredients (A) into a big bowl, then mix (either by machine or hand) to form a soft dough. Only then add in ingredients (B) and mix well with the dough.
(2) set aside to rest for an hour or till double in size.
(3) now, rub hands with butter then punch dough to release air and knead till smooth.
(4) divide dough into 12 portions and let to sit for 5 mins.
(5) again press dough and fold to form a ball dough each of them and place to 9x13" greased tray.
(6) now, brush bun with honey then pipe on the cross with flour mixture and let to sit for 15-20 mins.
(7) finally, bake at preheated oven 185'C for about 20-25 mins or till brown.
*Note : it's highly recommended to use only 2 tspn of yeast. Mine is 3 tspn which I think a bit too much.
Happy Good Friday & Easter Day !
I'm sending this to Yeastspotting @ Wild Yeast Blog.